They said it was going to be an easy job. Just get in, grab the goods and get back out. Yeah right. Those are Black Dragon mercs up ahead. Time to earn your pay. Just another day out among the stars!
Five Parsecs From Home is a solo adventure wargame where you assemble a ragtag crew of galactic trailblazers and head out to explore the stars, pick up jobs, and every now and then - engage in some action-packed, sci-fi combat!
Battles are procedurally generated with a huge array of combinations of enemies, weapons, battlefield circumstances and objectives, whether fighting rivals or carrying out jobs. With each encounter you earn experience and loot, progressing your crew and story as you send your crew to look for contacts, trade, explore the convoy, recruit replacements or train up their skills.
This game is playable with any miniatures you have on hand and requires only a small number to get started, making it ideal for both experienced and new science fiction gamers. All you need is a few six-sided dice and a couple of ten-sided dice.
• Fast-moving system, built for solo gaming from the ground up.
• Create a wide range of characters whether human, alien, or robot.
• Generate a huge array of possible missions, with more than 50 enemy types.
• After each battle, check for injuries, level up, find new gear, or upgrade your starship.
• Random tables for towns, trade, jobs, character events, and starship travel.
• 5 difficulty settings plus super-hard Black and Red Zone jobs.
• Extensive options for Game Mastered RPG-like campaigned with connected plots, environmental hazards, and factional conflict.
• 7 stage narrative introductory campaign.